Biography Intro: Father Edeh is a Nigerian Roman Catholic priest of the Holy Ghost congregation. Father Edeh is the founder of the Pilgrimage Centre of Eucharistic Adoration also known as the Pilgrimage Centre for Peace and Reconciliation Elele, Rivers State, Nigeria. Father Edeh is also the founder of Madonna University
Name: Very Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Matthew. Paul. Edeh
Date Of Birth: 20 May 1947
Place Of Birth: Akpugo, Enugu State Nigeria
Father: Mr Joseph Edeh Ani Onovo
Mother: Mrs. Elizabeth Edeh Ani Onovo
Occupation: Priest, Author, Educationist, Philanthropist
- Holy Ghost Scholasticate, Awo-Omamma, 1968-1970, (studied philosophy);
- Bigard Memorial Seminary Enugu, 1972-1976 (studied Theology);
- DePaul University Chicago Illinois, 1978 (obtained Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate of Arts degrees in Philosophy specializing in Metaphysics).
- Loyola University Medical Center cum Mary Ann Joy Hospital May-wood, Illinois, USA (obtained a professional certificate in Clinical Pastoral Education [CPE])
See Also: Biography Of Pastor Sarah Omakwu
- IGBO METAPHYSICS (AuthorHouse, Bloomington, 2014)
- Edeh’s Charity Peace Model (ECPM), Authourhouse, Bloogmington, 2013
- Igbo Metaphysics: The First Articulation of African Philosophy of Being(Our Saviour Press, Enugu,2008
- Peace to the Modern World (Minutmann Press, 2007)
- Towards an Igbo Metaphysics(Loyola University Press,Chicago, 1985)
- Academic Influence in African Development : How African Philosophy is affecting university education (Emmanuel M.P. Edeh and Peter O. Amah, Lambert Academic Publishing)
Honors And Awards: Father Edeh has been the recipient of several honors including the Nigerian Order of the Federal Republic (OFR)), an award he received in 2008 in recognition of his contributions to the advancement of education in Nigeria, conflict resolution and charity works.
What He Is Famous For: Father Edeh is famous for his contributions to the advancement of education in Nigeria, conflict resolution and charity works. Father Edeh is also famous as the founder of Madonna University
The Pilgrimage Centre of Eucharistic Adoration run clinics and homes for the orphans, the sick, the disabled, and the mentally ill. They also run soup kitchens, schools, counseling and conflict resolution programs.
Father Edeh also established the Madonna International Charity Peace Award (MICPA). This Charity Peace Award has been a prime supporter of financial relief efforts to natural disaster stricken areas like the earthquake devastation in Haiti and the tsunami crisis in Asia. The Award has also provided relief and support to victims of religious extremism in Nigeria. The Award has also gone to some persons and organizations that have been taking care of orphans, Motherless Babies, and displaced people in places like Haiti, Cambodia, India, Philippines, England, USA and Cameroon.
Father Edeh established a gigantic National Pilgrimage Centre at Elele in Rivers State. Here millions of people from across the globe visit in their quest to find peace in their hearts, lives and families. Within this Pilgrimage Centre, Father Edeh also established a Centre for Peace, Justice and Reconciliation. This Centre is charged with the responsibility of reconciling people with one another as means of achieving world peace. It is documented that more than 14 million cases have been amicably resolved at this peace Centre since its inception for individuals, families, kindred, villages, communities, and towns regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion or political adherence.