Biography Intro: Honourable Haruna Manu is the Deputy Governor of Taraba State. He was born to the family of Hajiya Hauwau and Alhaji Manu Umar in Mutum-Biyu; Headquarters of Gassol Local Government Area, Taraba State in the year: 1973.
NAME: His Excellency, Engr. Haruna Manu
DATE OF BIRTH: 1973.
PLACE OF BIRTH: Mutum-Biyu; Headquarters of Gassol Local Government Area, Taraba State
FATHER: Alhaji Manu Umar
MOTHER: Hajiya Hauwau
EDUCATION: He holds a first degree in Business Administration with specialization in Finance from Ahmed Bello University, Zaria and a Master of Science Degree in Electronic Commerce from the prestigious graduate school of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University in the United States of America.
CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES: A Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE], Haruna’s personal career spans design and installation of new systems, technology evaluation, product development and rollout for both business and consumer-oriented services. He has experience conducting due diligence on new ventures obtaining funding for small/medium-scale businesses.
POLITICAL ACHIEVEMENTS: Haruna was elected in 2011 into the House of Representatives to represent Bali/Gassol Federal constituency. He was the Deputy Chairman, House Committee on Banking & Currency. He is the current Deputy Governor of Taraba State (2015 – 2019).
WHAT HE IS FAMOUS:
- A motion on the Reconstruction of the collapsed Dobeli Bridge in Taraba State.
- A motion on Urgent Need to connect Taraba Central to the National Grid.
- A motion on the Need to examine the implementation of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme[SURE-P].
- A Bill for the amendment of Fiscal Responsibility Act.
- (e) A Motion on the Urgent Need to verify and ascertain the Volume and value of Crude Oil Sales by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation [NNPC] from January 2013 to date.