Togo is a West African nation on the Gulf of Guinea known for its palm-lined beaches and hilltop villages.
Official language: French
Did you know:
- Togo is a country in West Africa.
- The official name of the country is the Togolese Republic.
- It is bordered by Ghana to the west, Benin to the east and Burkina Faso to the north and the Gulf of Guinea to the south.
- The official language is French.
- Togo has 29% Christians, 20% Muslims and 51% indigenous people.
- As of 1 January 2017, the population of Togo was estimated to be 7,599,721 people.
- It is the 123rd largest country in the world in terms of land area with 56,785 square kilometers (21,925 square miles).
- Togo is a tropical, sub-Saharan nation, highly dependent on agriculture, with a climate that provides good growing seasons. Togo is one of the smallest countries in all of Africa.
- The highest mountain of the country is the Mont Agou at 986 meters (3,235 feet) above sea level.