Home treatment only works for small superficial burns up to second degree. For more serious burns, you should always see a doctor.
After applying cold water as first aid, we recommend that you:
- Apply some Vaseline and covering the burn with sterile gauze.
- Keep a bandage on during the first day without moving it too much.
- Take a pain reliever (such as ibuprofen)
- Change the bandage and ventilate in the morning.
- Moisten the gauze before removing it so that it does not stick to the skin
- After 7 days, clean it and remove dead skin using a gauze moistened with isotonic water. But don’t force it; the skin will come off by itself.