See First Aid Tips On Fainting Below…
- If possible, try to prevent someone who is fainting from hitting the ground.
- Lay the person down on the ground, face up, and elevate his/her feet 8–12 inches.
- Loosen any constrictive clothing.
- Apply a cool, wet compress to the person’s forehead.
- Attempt to keep the person from standing up until fully recovered.
- If the person vomits while he/she is unconscious, quickly turn him/her to allow the fluid to drain while protecting the person’s airway.
- Do not attempt to give an unconscious person anything by mouth.
- Do not shake or slap a person who has fainted to attempt to make him/her regain consciousness.