See Functions Of Nigerian Copyright Commission Below…
- Takes charge of legal issues on all matters affecting Copyright in Nigeria with particular reference to the Commission’s statutory mandate.
- Facilitates the amendment of the Copyright Act by incorporating new trends in copyright legislation.
- Provides the legal basis for the issuance and implementation of the Commission’s statutory Rules and Regulations.
- Provides the legal basis for the administration of the Copyright Notification Scheme.
- Develops and formulates Regulations for the Printing and Publishing Industry.
- Develops a case management system for the Commission.
- Develops and formulates the Nigerian Copyright Mediation Rules as an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanism under the Copyright Litigation Alternative Mediation Programme (CLAMP).
- Facilitates the Commission’s effective liaison with the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) for conferences on Business Law and allied functions relating to the Copyright Law.