The Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM) is an export credit agency in Nigeria, established in 1991
The functions of the Nigerian Export-import Bank (NEXIM) include the following:
- Provision of export credit guarantee and export credit insurance facilities to its clients.
- Provision of credit in local currency to its clients in support of exports.
- Establishment and management of funds connected with exports.
- Maintenance of a foreign exchange revolving fund for lending to exporters who need to import foreign inputs to facilitate export production.
- Provision of domestic credit insurance where such a facility is likely to assist exports.
- Maintenance of a trade information system in support of export business.
The Bank presently provides short and medium term loans to Nigerian exporters. It also provides short term guarantees for loans granted by Nigerian Banks to exporters as well as credit insurance against political and commercial risks in the event of non-payment by foreign buyers. The Bank is also the government’s National Guarantor under the ECOWAS Inter-state Road Transit programme.
The Nigerian Export-import Bank (NEXIM) official website is www.neximbank.com.ng.