Bogoro is a Local Government Area of Bauchi State, Nigeria. Its headquarters are in the town of Bogoro. Za’ar or Sayawa people are the majority of its inhabitants.
It has an area of 894 km2 (345 sq mi) and a population of 84,215 at the 2006 census. The postal code of the area is 741.
- Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara (Speaker Nigerian House of Representatives) (2015 – 2019)
- Suleiman Elias Bogoro (Executive Secretary of Tertiary Education Trust Fund) (2014 – 2016) (2019-Date)
- Jude Rabo, vice-chancellor of Federal University, Wukari
- Rifkatu Samson Danna (Former member Bauchi State House of Assembly, representing BOGORO and former Commissioner for Environment, Bauchi state)
- Baba Peter Gonto (freedom fighter)
- Barr Bukata Zhyadi, former Bogoro local government chairman (1998).
- Dr. Bukata B. Bukar, former Commissioner of Water Resources, Bauchi State, Current Head of Department, Pharmacology. University of Jos