100 grams of Banana contains 89 calories.
Bananas are healthy and nutritious, They are also high in fiber, but low in calories and thus good for weight loss.
Bananas do have nutritional benefits, including their high potassium content. One medium banana has 422 milligrams of potassium – almost 10 per cent of a day’s worth – considerably more than a medium-sized apple (195 mg), orange (237 mg) or pear (212 mg).
Ccalorie contents of standard banana sizes :
- Extra small (less than 6 inches, 81 grams): 72 calories.
- Small (6–7 inches, 101 grams): 90 calories.
- Medium (7–8 inches, 118 grams): 105 calories.
- Large (8–9 inches, 136 grams): 121 calories.
- Extra large (9 inches or longer, 152 grams): 135 calories.
- Sliced (1 cup, 150 grams): 134 calories.
- Mashed (1 cup, 225 grams): 200 calories.
In fact, bananas outrank almost all other types of fruit when it comes to potassium. Cantaloupe and honeydew melon have similar potassium counts with 440 and 426 mg a cup, respectively. Potassium is critical for normal muscle, nerve and brain function. Adults and teenagers need 4,700 mg each day; children aged 1 to 3 require 3,000 mg, 4 to 8-year-olds need 3,800 mg and kids aged 9 to 13 should get 4,500 mg of potassium daily.