Bed bugs have flattened bodies, so they can hide anywhere in your house . Bedbugs can be hiding anywhere, even in places you might not expect, such as beds, cracks, crevices, picture frames, bed sheets, blankets, bed frames, box springs, and even electrical outlet plates.
See how to get rid of these annoying pests and keep them from coming back,
Heat treatment : Put the affected material (Mattress, pillow etc) in the sun or other hot places
Cold treatment : Leave the affected material in the freezer in 4 days
Foggers : bug booms
Steam cleaners (both the wet one and the dry machine) Most of the steamers probably go into cracks and textures to kill bugs in bed frames, baseboards, carpets, and so on. Just modify the steam temperature at more than 55 degrees celsius
Vacuum cleaner : put it around the affected product, e.g your mattress, including the bed frame, headboards, baseboards, and under your bed.
Natural/Home remedies : Discussed below
Pest controllers : If all these fail and you couldn’t do it, don/t panic, there are a thousand pest control companies out there that can help quickly without breaking your bank, after all it is “Operation bugs must go at all cost”.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Bed Bugs (Natural/Home remedies)
1. Turmeric Powder; a strong antimicrobial substance creating conditions not conducive for a bed bug
2. Diatomaceous Earth; diatomaceous earth drastically lowers the oxygen level inside the mattress. As a result of that, the bugs get choked to death.
3. Peppermint Oil;The odor of this triggers an allergic reaction to the bed bugs, which causes their death.
4. Lemon Grass; The lemongrass powder leads to an alarming rise of acidity within the bugs and, this kills the parasites. Lemon grrass powder also causes the death of the eggs.
5. Baking Soda; Not to be confused with baking powder,It sucks the moisture present on these tiny parasites and, this eventually causes leads to their death and elimination.
6.Cayenne Pepper, Ginger and Oregano
8. Bleaching Powder
9. Isopropyl Alcohol
10. Boric Acid Powder
11. Bleaching Powder
12. Silica Gel
Make sure that you clean the clothes kept at the infested site with hot water, before using them again.
Always properly cover the mattress, etc when they are not in use, sew torn edges.
Ensure that you regular check the mattress for possible signs of bed bugs.
Spread talcum powder at the infested site. The powder leads to the suffocation of these parasites.
Run a hair dryer near the concerned areas at the maximum temperature and the death of all the bed bugs is certain! These parasites cannot withstand heat.
Discard all furniture items that are not necessary.
Do not shift the household items kept in the room having bugs to another part of your home. This will just aggravate the things for you.
Avoid keeping the household items in a clutter. When these items are arranged in a disorderly way, the bedbugs will have several hiding places.