- Heat some vegetable oil till hot.
- Put the slices of plantain into the oil in such a way that they are not stuck together. See the video for how I do this.
- Stir till the plantains are bright yellow and crunchy. If using ripe plantains, they will be deep yellow.
- Transfer the plantain slices to a sieve lined with paper towels.
- Store in air-tight containers when they have cooled down completely and munch away whenever you want.
Plantain chips made with unripe plantains hardly absorb any oil while those made with ripe plantains absorb some of the vegetable oil during the frying process.