See How To Make Plantain Pancake In Nigeria Below…
- Wash and peel the plantain, removing the black skin. Then chop and mash the plantain until without lumps.
- It’s easier to blend the plantains or you can mix the mashed plantains with a little water, pass through a sieve and thoroughly mash out any lumps with a spoon or fork.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the milk, sugar and mashed or blended plantain and whisk together thoroughly.
- Add the grated nutmeg and the pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, sieve in the flour and mix with other dry ingredients. Combine them well.
- Then make a hole in the middle of the flour bowl and pour in the plantain egg mixture little by little and thoroughly mix them, add a little water if it’s too thick. Make sure the batter has a running texture but not watery.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat, and add a little oil In the pan enough to grease it. Tilt the pan so it can go round and let it heat up.
- Then gently scoop the batter using a soup spoon into the oil. Let it fry for 3 minutes before you flip to the other side. Do this until batter is gone.
Serve with maple syrup or butter.