The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) is headed by the Comptroller-General and assisted by six (6) Deputy Comptrollers-Generals heading the departments as follows:
- Finance Administration and Technical Service
- Tariff & Trade
- Enforcement, Investigation, and Inspection
- Strategic Research & Policy
- Human Resource Development
These Deputy Comptroller-Generals have Assistant Comptroller-Generals heading each division under them while Comptrollers runs the affair of each unit under these divisions.
ACG (Headquarters) reports directly to the Comptroller-General along with the heads of some Special Units in addition to 4 Assistant-Comptroller-General (ACG) in the zones that coordinate the area commands under their respective jurisdictions.
Nigeria Custom Service Ranks : Ranks in the Nigeria Customs Service.
- Comptroller General (C.G.C) – Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd)
- Deputy Comptroller General (DCGC) : DCG FINANCE ADMINISTRATION & TECHNICAL SERVICE (FATS) – DCG AA DANGALADIMA
DCG T&T – T.M.
DCG Strategic Research and Policy – DCG RO OLUBIYI
DCG Enforcement, Investigation and Inspection – DCG A CHIDI is the
DCG Human Resource Development -mAg DCG AU SANUSI
DCG EXCISE, FTZ & IND. INCENTIVES – DCG PK IFERI
- Assistant Comptroller General (ACGC)
- Comptroller (C.C)
- Deputy Comptroller (DCC)
- Assistant Comptroller (ACC)
- Chief Superintendent (CSC)
- Superintendent (SC)
- Deputy Superintendent (DS)
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs I (ASC)
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs II (ASCII)
- Senior Inspector of Custom (SIC)
- Assistant Inspector of Custom (AIC)
- Senior Customs Assistant (SCA)