The Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA) is the umbrella organization of employers in the Organised Private Sector of Nigeria. It was formed in 1957 to provide the forum for the Government to consult with private sector employers on socio-economic and labour policy issues. NECA provides a platform for private sector employers to interact with the government, labour, communities and other relevant institutions in and outside Nigeria for the purpose of promoting harmonious business environment that will engender productivity and prosperity for the benefit of all. NECA is not a trade union but a dynamic and highly respected professional body registered under the Company and Allied Matters Act 1990.
Functions of The Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA) include the following:
- To promote and influence policies and laws that will enhance the competitiveness and survival of enterprise
- To protect the rights of enterprise and employers through all legal and legitimate means
- To promote sustainable enterprise and economic development through capacity building and empowerment programmes
- To explore a business and investment model for the long-term financial sustainability of the Association, without losing focus of its raison d’être as a Business Membership Organisation (BMO).
- Protecting the rights of businesses
- Institutionalization of quarterly forum with FIRS and members of Organised Private Sector (OPS)
- Infrastructural support to member companies through the Safe Workplace Intervention Project (SWIP)
- Support Members in bridging skills gap through Technical Skills Development Programme (TSDP).