The Nigerian Prisons Service is a government agency of Nigeria which operates prisons.
Functions OF The Nigerian Prisons Service are as follows:
- To take into lawful custody all those certified to be so kept by courts of competent jurisdiction;
- To produce suspects in courts as and when due;
- To dentify the causes of their anti-social dispositions;
- To set in motion mechanisms for their treatment and training for eventual reintegration into society as normal law abiding citizens on discharge; and
- To administer Prisons Farms and Industries for this purpose and in the process generate revenue for the government.