The Nigerian Institute of Management is a non-profit institution that defines the required skills and standards for professional managers, and offers courses leading to diplomas in Management.
The Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) was established in Lagos, 1961, when a general meeting of top managers in Commerce, Industry and Government was convened to discuss the formation of a management Institute in Nigeria.
NIM membership is ideal for professionals looking for innovative and affordable ways to develop their career. NIM membership status provides recognition of competency and commitment to management development as a professional manager. If you are committed to making a difference in your personal development, organization, or team, join NIM. This brings a great opportunity to network with like-minded professionals, while benefiting from a wide range of resources, support services and career enhancement alongside professional recognition.
Membership of the Institute is divided into two categories: Individual and Corporate
BECOMING A MEMBER AS AN INDIVIDUAL AFFORDS YOU:
Professional Recognition: NIM membership gives you distinctive edge, members have confirmed that their membership has made positive impact on their confidence, marketability and career progression. To demonstrate your membership, you will be entitled to use our prestigious post-nominal letters on your correspondence, business card and CV, confirming your status symbol as a professional manager. You can use the acronym AMNIM, MNIM or FNIM after your name as Associate, Member or Fellow respectively.
Extend Your Network: Your fellow professional managers are unique sources of knowledge, advice and inspiration. Our annual calendar of events also at chapter levels provides invaluable opportunities to share ideas and experiences with like-minded professionals.
By becoming a member of NIM, you will be able to;
- Attend a variety of human capital development programmes organized by the Institute at reduced rates
- Network with other professional managers, face to face and online
- Contribute to policy debates and national issues which enable your voice to be heard.
- Be part of a local chapter
Access to Resource Centre: If you are looking for answers and inspirations, visit our resource centre. You will be given access to;
- Publications that cover a wide range of management issues, plus Think Pieces and Fact Sheets that will expose you mind and knowledge in the field
- Our exclusive quarterly magazine – Management in Nigeria – that is full of the latest management thinking, issues and trend, ensuring the currency of your knowledge and expertise
- A well-stocked reference (Digital) e-library – with e-books and e-journals essential resources for learners and for professional development.
- Continuous Professional Development. The work environment is changing and you cannot afford to be left behind! NIM development programmes, MCPEP and trainings at national and international arenas enables you to keep your knowledge and skills up to date. With our expert facilitators and a wide range of trainings courses, your professional development is guaranteed!
Career Progression: As a professional Institute, we are protective of our own. We will signpost you to support services in the areas of mentoring, career development, coaching and career pathway.
- Corporate establishments can also access cost-effective management development support for their organizations through NIM corporate membership. As a Corporate member, your organization will enjoy the following value-added benefits;
- Capacity building and training support for your employees at reduced rates ensuring that your work force is always up-skilled
- Research and consultancy services on current and perceived future organizational issues with a view to improving organizational competencies and productivity.
- Opportunities for your employees to attend seminars, conferences and workshops at reduced rates, exposing and enabling them to learn and contribute to leading thoughts in your sector and industry
- Free six months’ advertisement of your products and/or services on NIM’s web site, exposing you to over 100,000 ‘opportunity to see’ our potential clients/customers
- Allocated advertisement spaces for your organisation’s products and/or services in our quarterly professional journal – Management in Nigeria – at discounted rate
- Opportunities for your products and/or services to reach a wider audience via advertisement in the Institute’s special programmes such as the Annual National Management Conference (ANMC), Distinguished Management Lecture (DML), Women-In-Management (WIM), Young Managers’ Competition etc
- Access to a well-stocked Reference (Digital) e-library of the Institute and ample supply of copies of our quarterly journal Management in Nigeria. A single voting right at the Institute’s Annual General Meetings (AGMs).