Some Nigerians have had to battle with fake number plates and driver’s licence, which they get through proxies. Carrying around a fake driver’s license is illegal. Due to corruption in some of the government parastatals, some Nigerians unknowingly get issued with fake driver’s licenses putting them into trouble.
To check if your driver’s licence is original, follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.nigeriadriverslicence.org
2. Click on DL Application
3. Click on Re-Issue of Driver’s License from the drop down for VALID Driver’s License or Renewal of Driver’s License for EXPIRED Driver’s License
4. Supply Driver’s License Number and Date of Birth in the dialog box that opens
5. Click on search
6. Click Ok from the pop up box, after confirming the Drivers License number to be correct
Recommended: How To Register For Drivers License In Nigeria
7. This will pull up your information as supplied when you processed the New Driver’s License
8. If it does not pull up your data, means your New Driver’s License is Fake and is not in FRSC Data Base
You can also check the authenticity of your driver’s licence via SMS by sending NDL STATUS, your driver’s licence number, to 33811.