The Debt Management Office (DMO) Nigeria is a government agency established to centrally coordinate the management of Nigeria’s debt.
The Following Are Functions Of Nigerian Debt Management Office (DMO):
- Good debt management practices that make positive impact on economic growth and national development, particularly in reducing debt stock and cost of public debt servicing in a manner that saves resources for investment in poverty reduction programs.
- Prudently raising financing to fund government deficits at affordable costs and manageable risks in the medium- and long-term.
- Achieving positive impact on overall macroeconomic management, including monetary and fiscal policies.
- Consciously avoiding debt crisis and achieving an orderly growth and development of the national economy.
- Improving the nation’s borrowing capacity and its ability to manage debt efficiently in promoting economic growth and national development.
- Projecting and promoting a good image of Nigeria as a disciplined and organized nation, capable of managing its assets and liabilities.