How to delete your Twitter account .
The advantages of Twitter in business include reaching a wide audience and enabling two-way communication with customers. The disadvantages include possible negative feedback. Before committing to an account you should monitor it for a while and decide if it will benefit your business.
Twitter is a very simple social network because it allows you to be aware of everything that interests you, such as communities, celebrities or just people who are not famous but who you know.
Twitter can be useful, informative, and even uplifting at times. But it can also be an unbearable cesspit of smugness, shameless attention-seeking and straight-up hatred.
Whatever your reason for leaving the micro-blogging site − let’s face it, there’s plenty to choose from − the good news is that it’s very simple to shut your account down permanently.
See Also: How To Delete Pinterest Account
What’s more, the site offers a grace period for reactivating your profile. So if you have a change of heart within 30 days, you can restore your account. However, once that’s over, it’s gone forever.
How to delete Twitter on desktop
1. Sign into your account on the Twitter website
2. Click on Settings and Privacy from the drop-down menu under your profile icon
3. In the Account section of the menu, click Deactivate your account
4. Click Deactivate
5. Enter your password when prompted and click Deactivate account
How to delete Twitter on Android
1. Tap either your profile icon or the hamburger menu (whichever your version of the app shows) at the top of the screen
2. Enter the Settings and privacy menu and tap Account
3. Tap the Deactivate your account option
4. Tap Deactivate
5. Enter your password when prompted and tap Deactivate
6. Tap Yes, deactivate
How to delete Twitter on iOS
1. Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen
2. Select Settings and privacy and tap Account
3. Tap Deactivate your account
4. Tap Deactivate and enter your password when prompted
5. Tap Deactivate and follow this up by tapping Yes, deactivate
How to delete Twitter permanently
if you just want to change your username or e-mail address, you don’t need to delete your account. You can make these changes very easily in your account settings.
When you deactivate your Twitter account, Twitter will retain all of your user data for a 30-day period. Once that’s over, Twitter starts purging your data from its systems, when that’s done, your Twitter account will be gone forever.
However, if you log into your account before the 30-day grace period is over, you’ll automatically reactivate your account. To delete it permanently, you’ll need to start the process all over again.
Although account deactivation happens almost immediately, some content from your account may still be viewable on the website for a few days. Also, Twitter has no control over third-party websites – like Google or Bing – that cache content for quicker loading. This means content from your Twitter profile may remain available elsewhere on the internet.